Friday, May 4, 2012

A Visit to the Bookstore

My best friend from high school recently had a baby which meant that I got to go shopping for cute little clothes. Of course, being the book lover that I am, I had to tuck a book into the package.

Shopping for kid's books in Australia is quite the treat. Here are some fun ones that I found while browsing.
There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Mozzie
Wombat Stew
My Grandma Lived in Gooligulch
Silly Galah!
I ended up buying the classic Hairy Maclary From Donaldson's Dairy by Lynley Dodd. Kids love it and adults do, too. That's the trick to finding a good book for a small child—make sure that it's good enough that Mom and Dad don't mind reading it aloud a million times.

On the way home, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a treat for a different sort of care package.

Kangaroo treats for cats. I wonder if cats find them tasty...

3 comments:

  1. Those books are awesome! Seriously.

    And yum- kangaroo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the titles of those books! Oh my goodness I can't believe cats eat kangaroo haha!

      Delete
  2. I love the titles! And had to follow your link to remember what a "mozzie" is.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for following along with our adventures.