Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Autumn in Photos

Autumn officially arrived in Australia on March 1st. They don't call if Fall here. I'm trying to train myself to say Autumn.

The daylight hours are getting shorter. When we drive home from work at 5:30pm, we get a beautiful view of the sunset over Lake Burley Griffin. 

If you looked out on the mountains, the trees are all still green because the native species do not lose their leaves seasonally. However, the city has lots of beautiful imported trees and their leaves are changing color.

 



 We've even been on a couple of hikes with friends, enjoying the cooler weather.


Winter is just around the corner though. We've had to turn on our heater a few evenings and the store mannequins are all decked out in jackets and sweaters.

It feels to bizarre to being heading into May and gearing up for winter. Time to pull out my favorite scarves! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Autumn has a better ring to it. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! So strange to think of you two gearing up for winter, and we've just dug our garden for summer! Throw a snowball for me when the time comes, and we'll catch a firefly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So weird- happy fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean- autumn. Happy Autumn to you. = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - so strange. Happy Autumn! Also, do you use Instagram for your blog photos? I need to figure out how to get them from Instagram to a usable place...do you simply email them to yourself? (Which is how I normally use photos from my camera phone.)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for following along with our adventures.